This is a community-led, inter-generational and co-created record of the stories and lessons we remember, share and then gather together. These stories are inspired by both the current times we are living through and also from the past.
Initially, this group was formed in partnership with a local care organisation, Chorlton Good Neighbours, where we met in person to create a book of some of the stories recorded during our chats. From March 2020, due to social distancing measures, we established our own group and those able to started to meet online regularly as a way of staying connected. Now we are supplementing this with a monthly meeting at Chorlton Library. The group has formed strong bonds whilst also remaining open to new participants who we welcome with warmth and interest.
On this site, we will be sharing stories and lessons we have learned with you. We hope you get as much out of reading them as we did sharing, hearing and writing them. Please subscribe to show your support and to receive notifications of new posts.
- To create a space to express and record our reflections as individuals and a collective
- To keep a record of this time in history as well as lived experiences from the past
- To provide something uplifting and thought-provoking for others to read that helps them make sense of or reflect on these times and how they fit into a bigger picture
- To draw others into the online group
- To have the potential to inspire and model a way for other groups to connect in the same way
- To give a sense of purpose, individual and collective
- To create something collaboratively and as a community.